There are just two full days left for you to get out and enjoy the totally free, 2015 Cass County Fair, in Atlantic. Today’s activities include the 7:30-a.m. Swine Show at the Indoor Show Ring, and a Modified Poultry Show at 10-a.m.
The Poultry Show was changed because the State is not allowing any live birds to be exhibited at county fairs due to the threat posed by the Avian Influenza. Exhibitors at the Cass County Fair are getting around that, by bringing pictures of their birds and showing them, just as if they were there live. Participants will also have to explain to the judge how they raised the bird and provide other information, just as if the animal was there with them. In addition, a Quiz Bowl, with general poultry questions, and egg judging, will be featured.
The Commercial Exhibit Building will open as usual, at 10-a.m., the same time there’s an Antique Equipment Demonstration. Other activities today include:
• Decorator’s Showcase at the Cass County Community Center (Noon-to 4-pm)
• Clover Kids Animal Show in the Outdoor Show Ring, at Noon.
• Today’s Noon Special at the Foodstand is Windsor Chops.
• A Ventriloquist and Hypnotist will be available for your entertainment at the Grandstand, beginning at 1-p.m., 3:30-p.m. and 8-p.m..
• Share The Fun activities will be held at the Community Center, beginning at 5:30-p.m., the same time the Cow/Calf Show gets underway in the Outdoor Show Ring.
• At 6-p.m., there’s the Feeder Calf Show in the Outdoor Show Ring.
• At 6:30, check out the Horse Fun Show in the Horse Arena.
Don’t forget to watch Doyle Chainsaw Artistry at 10-a.m., 3-p.m. and 5-p.m.; and, let the kids explore the Kids Barn Activities in the Commercial Building, from 10-am until 5-pm. The Cass County Fair runs through July 28th, with no parking or admission fees. Check out the daily schedule and get more information about the Fair at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/cass And, follow the fair on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theCassCountyFair.
Listen for our live broadcasts every day of the fair from 1-until 7-pm, on AM 1220 and FM 101.1, KJAN.