Cheeseburger Pie (2-11-14)
February 11th, 2014 by Jim Field
- 9 inch deep dish pie pan, sprayed (chill)
- 1 pound ground beef, ground soy crumbles or sausage
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 8 slices American, Swiss or provolone cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Add tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper and bouillon. Cook until the bouillon dissolves. Remove pan from heat.
Stir in eggs and flour; mixing well. Cut 6 slices of cheese into small pieces. Stir into beef mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared and cooled pie crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until filling is heated through.
Cut remaining cheese slices into wedges, triangles and other shapes and decorate top of pie. Bake for an additional 4 minutes or until cheese has melted.