Upside-Down Pizza Casserole (1-7-14)
January 7th, 2014 by Jim Field
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 – 4 oz. cans (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 – 10 oz. packages (10 biscuits each) refrigerated biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In an extra large skillet, cook ground beef until brown, stirring to break up meat. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, and , if desired, olives. Heat through. Divide mixture between two, 2 quart rectangular baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Flatten each biscuit with your hands. Arrange the biscuits on top of cheese. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Makes 10 servings.