Salisbury Steak Deluxe (1-28-14)
January 28th, 2014 by Jim Field
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
In a bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; blend well. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Add beef and mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown the patties on both sides; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove patties to a serving platter; top with sauce.
Serve the patties with gravy over a bed of cooked noodles or mashed potatoes for a hearty meal. If desired, the patties and gravy can be prepared ahead and reheated when it’s time to eat.
(Denise Barteet, Shreveport, LA)