Root Beer Float Pie (5-21-13)
May 21st, 2013 by Jim Field
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided.
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 oz) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until soft-set. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread onto graham cracker crust.
Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving. Top with a Maraschino cherry if desired.
YIELD: 8 servings
(Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, PA)