Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Pie (4-2-13)
April 2nd, 2013 by Jim Field
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 3 – 1 ounce squares semisweet chocolate
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and butter, or melt in microwave stirring frequently.
- Gently stir in the cereal, 1/2 cup at a time. Cool 5 minutes.
- Press the chocolate cereal mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate until completely firm.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Spread the ice cream evenly in the crust. Freeze until firm, about one hour.
- Use the warmth of your hands to slightly soften the chocolate. Using a vegetable peeler, draw the blades across the smooth surface of each chocolate square to shave off short, wide curls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Scatter the chocolate curls over the ice cream just before serving.