Today on KJAN.com:
KJAN is streaming live 24/7! Click the “Listen Live” button at the top right corner!
Click on the box above or the link to the right to enter the KJAN Big Deals Online Store! You’ll find gift certificates to dozens of local stores at discounted prices! Keep up with the latest bargains on the KJAN Big Deals Facebook page!
KJAN Radio in Atlantic, Iowa is looking for a new member to join our radio family. This would be a great opportunity for an experienced broadcaster to hone their radio skills or for the newcomer who has all the right tools. The position will require all types of on-air duties, including running a board shift, news, sports (play-by-play ability preferred), and interacting with the public during a live call-in segment. Production duties and a creative mind are also a plus. Knowledge of the Smarts Broadcast system is also helpful. This position will also require work on our website. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. KJAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send applications, including letter, resume and examples of your work to:
KJAN Radio, PO Box 389, Atlantic, IA 50022 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to sign-up for the Cass County Wireless Emergency Notification System (WENS).
CLICK HERE to see video shot by Jerry Hayes of Atlantic during the Cass County Honor Flight to Washington DC June 16-17, 2014.
- RED FLAG WARNING from Noon-until 7-pm today for the western 1/2 of Iowa. Outdoor burning should not be conducted. (Monday,3/30/15)
- Shelby County Fire Danger “EXTREME” through April 2nd (updated 3/30): You are asked to call in and report your burning projects to dispatch at 712-755-2124, and notify your local Fire Chief. Timing for burns should be morning, or evening hours and extinguished by dark unless authorized by Fire Chief due to possible impacts to roads and health from smoke. Burns must be monitored at all times.
- In local, southwest Iowa and regional News: Audubon teen arrested on a drug charge; USPS offers $1,000 reward for info. leading to the arrest & conviction of the person or persons responsible for a break-in March 25th at the Brayton Post Office; 2 men charged in Audubon County drug investigation; 3 Harlan teens injured in weekend rollover accident; Red Oak man arrested Mon. morning on an assault charge; City of Atlantic & Cass County Financial reports available for public review; Several field fires reported in the area, Sunday afternoon; Cumberland woman injured in a go-cart accident Sunday evening; Carter Lake man accidentally shoots himself in the hand in Council Bluffs, Sunday…and much, much more!
- In SPORTS – Area High School sports news; Iowa and Iowa State Football & Basketball News; Kansas City Chiefs football and St. Louis Cardinals baseball News…and more!.
- Check out the Podcasts page or our Programs pages to hear shows you may have missed!