A top Trump Administration official says negotiations with Canada for revisions in the U-S-Mexico-Canada trade agreement have been challenging. Luke Lindberg is the U-S-D-A’s Under Secretary for Trade and Agricultural Affairs.
President Trump had threatened to impose 50 percent tariffs on a variety of Canadian exports into the U-S, including dairy products, cement and hockey equipment today (Wednesday) — but announced late last (Tuesday) night there had been a break through and negotiations would continue for three days.
The U-S-M-C-A was ratified by the U-S, Canada and Mexico in early 2020 during Trump’s first term. Lindberg says there has been significant progress with Mexico during the current review period.
Lindberg made his comments during a stop at the Iowa State Fair. Several Trump Administration officials have been at the fair, including the Secretary of Veterans Affairs and the Secretary of War.



