County Launches Damage Reporting Site to Secure Disaster Assistance


June 24th, 2011 by Ric Hanson

COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – All citizens of Pottawattamie County, whether they live Council Bluffs, Carter Lake, Crescent or in the unincorporated portions of the county, are encouraged to report flood
damage to private property that has occurred from May 24th to the present. Citizens can report their damage at the County web site,, and click on the “DAMAGE REPORTING TOOL” link. Residents without computer access can call 712-328-4672 to report damage. Phones will be answered during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.

Farmers in Pottawattamie County should only report damage to their residence and personal property at this time. Assessments of Agricultural Damage will be made at a later date.
It is important that citizens who may have sustained damage as a result of the current flood event starting on May 24th report their damage. This damage reporting site is used to collect and analyze data
provided by citizens affected by the Flood of 2011.

Submitting information in no way guarantees that citizens do, or will, qualify for financial assistance programs, but this information is needed in order for State and Federal agencies to approve a Presidential Disaster Declaration that would authorize assistance to citizens from FEMA. Only then can FEMA take applications to determine if individuals qualify for assistance under their Individual Assistance Programs.