Bridge Repair in Shelby County closes 1100th Street

News

November 30th, 2012 by Ric Hanson

Repairs on the Keg Creek bridge along 1100th Street in Shelby County will result in the closure of that street for about two-weeks, beginning Monday, December 3rd. Shelby County Emergency Management officials say the bridge is located in the 700 block of 1100th Street, between Lincoln Townships 7 and 18, and east of all residences in the area.

Emergency responders need to plan alternate routes nearby residences, should they be called to homes in the area. If you have any questions, call the Shelby County Engineer’s Office at 712-755-5954.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30th

Trading Post

November 30th, 2012 by Jim Field

FOR SALE:  Sunbeam, king size, heated mattress pad.  This pad is brand new, never been out of the bag.  It has two controllers, fits mattresses up to 16″ thick, and is machine washable.  $50 firm.  Please call (712) 243-1802.

WANTED:  older stereos, radios, speakers, receivers,ham, amps, etc. Also guitar or amplifier, any condition is ok for parts or repair. 515-238-3343.

WANTED:  I am looking for a apt or house 2 bedroom around Audubon, Atlantic, Elk Horn, Exira or Walnut Iowa.  psebeniecher@yahoo.com.

WANTED:  Would like to buy a good used twin or single bed and  mattress set.
Atlantic  243 9849.

FOR SALE: 5X8 trailer with gate $450. 712-254-3725

FOR SALE: 4 tickets to Creighton v St. Joseph’s basketball game Saturday December 1st 2 PM.  $ 25 face value each.  249-9084

WANTED: Ping pong table in good condition. Call 712-254-2585

WANTED: small black dog 249-8455.

 

Exira boy killed in rollover accident Thursday afternoon

News

November 30th, 2012 by Ric Hanson

A male juvenile died during a rollover accident Thursday afternoon, in Audubon County. Sheriff’s officials say 12-year old Austin Lane Vais, of Exira, was not wearing a seat belt when the 2003 Ford F-150 pickup he was driving, crashed about seven-miles east of Exira. The truck was traveling east on 290th Street near Swift Avenue, at around 4:30-p.m., when it went out of control, slid sideways into a ditch and rolled over. Vais was ejected from the vehicle. He was transported from the scene by Exira Fire and Rescue to the Audubon County Memorial Hospital, where Vais died from injuries he suffered during the accident.

The crash remains under investigation.

8AM Sportscast 11-30-2012

Podcasts, Sports

November 30th, 2012 by Chris Parks

w/ Jim Field

Play

8AM Newscast 11-30-2012

News, Podcasts

November 30th, 2012 by Chris Parks

w/ Ric Hanson

Play

Heartbeat Today 11-30-2012

Heartbeat Today, Podcasts

November 30th, 2012 by Chris Parks

Jim Field speaks with Grace Mackrell about the Adair Festival of Trees event coming up this weekend.

Play

7AM Newscast 11-30-2012

News, Podcasts

November 30th, 2012 by Chris Parks

w/ Ric Hanson

Play

Thursday Wrestling Results

Sports

November 30th, 2012 by Jim Field

  • Atlantic 36, Griswold 33
  • Audubon 40, Griswold 35
  • Audubon 36, Atlantic 34
  • Clarinda 55, Shenandoah 23
  • Lewis Central 49, Shenandoah 27
  • Lewis Central 45, Clarinda 25
  • Guthrie Center 53, Nodaway Valley 28
  • Guthrie Center 48, West Central Valley 30
  • Nodaway Valley 60, West Central Valley 12
  • Glenwood 63, Kuemper Catholic 13
  • Glenwood 60, OA-BCIG 15
  • Riverside 60, Southwest Iowa 18
  • Riverside 42, Underwood 36
  • Underwood 60, Southwest Iowa 24
  • A-H-S-T 54, Exira/EHK 18
  • Woodbine 39, A-H-S-T 36
  • Woodbine 58, Exira/EHKK 10
  • Clarke 39, Corning 30
  • Mount Ayr 51, Corning 15
  • East Mills 51, Corning 22
  • East Mills 39, Mount Ayr 30
  • Bedford/Lenox 39, Central Decatur 29

HSBB: Corning at Griswold Doubleheader 11-29-2012

Podcasts, Sports

November 30th, 2012 by Chris Parks

Jim Field and Chris Parks have the call of the games played at Griswold High School.

Play

Harlan Apartment fire cause listed as accidental

News

November 30th, 2012 by Ric Hanson

A fire that destroyed a 102-year old apartment building in Harlan Wednesday evening, was apparently caused by a carelessly tossed cigarette. According to Harlan Fire Chief Roger Bissen, a resident in one of the apartments at 707 Durant Street was lighting a cigarette with a butane lighter when the cigarette flared up. The resident reacted by quickly tossing the cigarette, which rolled and ignited materials in the room.

The fire, which started just after 6-p.m. Wednesday, ended-up displacing at least eight residents, one of whom was treated at the local hospital, after suffering from smoke inhalation.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office investigated the fire Thursday, and ruled the cause as accidental.