21 nonprofit agencies in Cass County have been awarded grants from the Cass County Community Foundation, amounting to $103,866. The checks were presented to representatives of those organizations Friday afternoon by Nicholas Hunt, Chair of the CCCF.
Representatives of various Cass County Organizations proudly display their CCCF grant checks Friday afternoon.
The following nonprofit organizations, which submitted applications to the Cass County Community Foundation by the February 1st deadline, were awarded grants by the Cass County Board of Directors for their respective projects:
- Anita Foundation: Washer & dryer for facility and new equipment for toddler room $2,000
- Anita Public Library: Replace front door with automated doors to accommodate handicapped access $4,000
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center: Carpet for Special Needs Preschool classrooms $10,000.00
- Atlantic Coca-Cola Center & Museum: Display unit for donated items $3,000.00
- Atlantic Parks & Recreation Department: Fencing around the off-leash dog park at Schildberg Recreation Area $10,000.00
- Atlantic Public Library: Furnishings to create teen area in library $1,000.00
- Atlantic Rock Island Society: Climate control equipment to ensure preservation of historic documents $6,000.00
- Atlantic Youth Sports Organization: Create a playground at the Atlantic Little League Complex $3,000.00
- Cass County Conservation Board: Funds to finish upgrades of electrical camping hookups at Cold Springs Park $4,500.00
- Cass County Health System Foundation: Purchase central monitor system for OB department $6,116.00
- Cass County Historical Museum: Complete building façade by adding signage, awning and seating $5,000.00
- City of Griswold: Griswold Community Building repairs and equipment $10,000.00
- City of Lewis: Tornado siren $2,500.00
- City of Marne: Repair Community Center steps & sidewalk $2,250.00
- Friends of the Griswold Public Library: Renovations $5,000.00
- Lewis Public Library: Computers and wireless router $2,500.00
- Massena Public Library/City of Massena: Awning & outdoor lighting $2,000.00
- Nishna Valley Trails, Inc: Recreational trail construction to connect two existing trails $25,000.00
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible. Cass County agency representatives received their checks on April 17th.
During brief check distribution activities, Hunt commended the nonprofit agencies for their individual efforts to provide a better quality of life for the residents of Cass County. “Our Advisory Board is pleased to direct $103,866.00 in grants to these important community efforts in Cass County,” Hunt explained. “The Cass County Community Foundation is one of nine counties that are collectively known as the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa and meets or exceeds the Standards for Community Foundations as established by the Council on Foundations in Washington DC.”
The Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create permanent funds that address the changing, vital community needs and interests. Donating to a permanently endowed fund helps your neighbors today AND you help build a stronger community tomorrow. Not only that, you’ll be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit for each donation, in addition to any Federal tax benefits for which you may qualify.
The Cass County Community Foundation invests and administers these funds and distributes grants to deserving, qualified nonprofit organizations. “This has grown from an annual event to twice a year, with one grant cycle in the spring and another in the fall,” said Hunt. For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact any of the Board Members, or call Dennis Nissen, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458.