Connections Area Agency has announced that the state is continuing the Farmers Market voucher program for older Iowans. With this program, seniors meeting income requirements can obtain vouchers that they can use at participating area Farmers Markets to buy $30.00 worth of fresh, locally grown produce. If you have questions about eligibility, please check with your local senior center. Applications for the vouchers will be available at your local senior center the week of June 1st.
Your completed application guarantees you a booklet, but there is a limited number, so contact your local senior center if you are interested in this program. Once you have a completed application, you can return to your local Senior Center to pick up your vouchers. Applications for Council Bluffs residents are now available at The Center, located at 714 S. Main Street.
The distribution date for Council Bluffs vouchers will be once again held at The Center on Monday, June 8th from 9am – noon. Again, your completed application guarantees you a booklet, so you may come at any time on June 8th to the Center to present your completed application and obtain your vouchers. Seniors (age 60 and older) in all other communities in Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie and Shelby counties will receive their vouchers through their local senior center.
• Must be at least 60 years of age or older
• Annual income must be less than
• Only one original application allowed per individual. No photocopies or duplicate applications allowed
Dates to Remember:
• Immediately: Applications will be available in Council Bluffs at The Center, 714 S. Main
• June 1, 2015: Applications and vouchers are available at all local Senior Centers outside of Council Bluffs.
• June 8, 2015: Council Bluffs Farmers’ Market voucher distribution at The Center, 714 S. Main from 9am – Noon for seniors with a completed application.