Last week we told you the Cass County Community Foundation had awarded $110,139 to eligible non-profit organizations who had submitted grant applications request funds for various projects. This week, Brett Irlmeier, Chair of the Audubon County Community Foundation, has announced grants totaling $110,139 have also been awarded to Audubon County nonprofit agencies.
Nonprofit representatives receiving grant awards. 1st row, left to right: Maddie Christensen, Bradley Nissen, Sandy Nissen, Audubon Tennis Association; Jenny Smith, Audubon Recreation Foundation; Genelle Deist, Friendship Home Association; Jill Hermansen and Bob Gust, Audubon Youth Softball/Baseball. 2nd row: Sandy Bauer, Exira Public Library; Pat Curtis, Audubon Downtown Revitalization Committee; Tom Nielsen, Secretary/Treasurer, Audubon County Community Foundation; Jonnie Meislahn, Vice Chair, Audubon County Community Foundation; Troy Wessel, Audubon Youth Softball/Baseball.
Nonprofit organizations which submitted applications to the Audubon County Community Foundation by the February 1st deadline, were awarded grants by the ACCF Board of Directors. They include:
- The Audubon Recreation Foundation, $50,000, for the construction of a recreation center.
- The Audubon County Downtown Revitalization Stage Committee, $20,000, to complete the stage structure in the John James Audubon City Park.
- The Audubon Youth Softball/Baseball League, $14,864 for facility improvements, including batting cages, bleachers, a backstop, dugout benches and concession stand.
- The Friendship Home Foundation, $10,000 toward a Capital Campaign for a new Memory Care Unit.
- The Exira Park Committee, $7.775 for an LED programmable sign for the town park.
- The Audubon Tennis Association, $5,000, for repairs to four courts.
- And, the Exira Public Library, $2,500, for equipment to focus on teens & children.
All grantees met the criteria as Audubon County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education and social services. Only organizations providing services in Audubon County were eligible. Audubon County agency representatives received their checks on April 18th.