The Chair of the Cass County Community Foundation has announced that $23,400 in grants have been awarded to several non-profit agencies in the County.
Cass County agency representatives received their checks on November 15th
According to CCCF Chair Nicholas Hunt, the largest grants ($3,700 each) was awarded to the City of Massena for the purchase of a “Jaws of Life” tool for emergency responders, and the Lewis 1st Responders & Firefighters Association, for the purchase of turnout gear for the department’s members. The City of Griswold received a grant for $3,200, which will be used to replace worn or damaged picnic tables in the City’s public parks.
Other grant recipients include:
- $2,800 to the Cass County Historical Museum for new heating, and an air conditioning unit for the donated building.
- $2,000 each to the Jack and Jill Preschool for the purchase of 6 Ipads and a projector for the classroom, and the City of Lewis, for the installation of new playground set in the City Park.
- $1,500 to the Anita Child Care Center for room dividers and equipment for increased enrollment.
- $1,000 each to: The Anita Wellness Center for sports equipment for its Youth Program; The City Marne, for the replacement of old playground equipment in the City Park and to improve the area; and the Griswold Sports Boosters for the replacement of a broken, storm-damaged flagpole at the Griswold Athletic Facility.
- $750 each for: The Atlantic Coca-Cola Center & Museum, for an upgrade of cabinets; & the City of Lewis Public Library, for a meeting room table.
Each of those nonprofit organizations had submitted applications to the Cass County Community Foundation by the September 1st deadline. The $23,400 total includes $800 to the Cass County Historical Society, $500 to the Griswold Sports Booster Club and $700 to the City of Griswold, from the Griswold Community Development Endowment Fund, and $500 from the Triumph Endowed Funds for Cass County, to the City of Marne.
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible. Cass County agency representatives received their checks on November 15th.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact any of the Cass County Community Foundation Board Members, or call Dennis Nissen, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458.