Seven nonprofit groups or agencies in Audubon County were awarded checks Friday amounting to $103, 866 from the Audubon County Community Foundation. ACCF Chair Brett Irlmeier presented the checks to representatives of the groups or organizations. The grant recipients and their projects include:
- Audubon Chamber of Commerce: LED sign for John James Audubon City Park $7,500.00
- Audubon Community School: Funds for lights around track for public walking in early morning and evening $7,500.00
- Audubon County Early Childhood Organization: Expand childcare center at Friendship Home $27,122.00
- Audubon Recreation Foundation: Funding for construction of recreation center $27,122.00
- Exira Community Club: Exira Rec Center renovations and upgrades $27,122.00
- Exira Lions Club: Tables and chairs for serving area $2,500.00
- Exira Park Committee/City of Exira: Exira Flood Memorial Park signage and walkway improvements $5,000.00
All grantees met the criteria as Audubon County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education and social services. Only organizations providing services in Audubon County were eligible.
Audubon County agency representatives received their checks on April 10th. During brief check distribution activities, Irlmeier commended the nonprofit agencies for their individual efforts to provide a better quality of life for the residents of Audubon County.
“Our Advisory Board is pleased to direct $103,866.00 in grants to these important community efforts in Audubon County,” Irlmeier explained. “The Audubon County Community Foundation is one of nine counties that are collectively known as the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa and meets or exceeds the Standards for Community Foundations as established by the Council on Foundations in Washington DC.”
The Audubon County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create permanent funds that address the changing, vital community needs and interests. Donating to a permanently endowed fund helps your neighbors today AND you help build a stronger community tomorrow. Not only that, you’ll be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit for each donation, in addition to any Federal tax benefits for which you may qualify.
The Audubon County Community Foundation invests and administers these funds and distributes grants to deserving, qualified nonprofit organizations. “This has grown from an annual event to twice a year, with one grant cycle in the spring and another in the fall,” said Irlmeier.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact any of the Board Members, or call Dennis Nissen, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458.