Car fire in Atlantic Tue. morning

News

September 6th, 2016 by Ric Hanson

Atlantic firefighters were called to the parking lot of Mahle Engine Components early this morning, for a car fire. Fire Chief Mark McNees told KJAN News the 2002 Chevy Impala was completely engulfed in flames when they arrived shortly after 5:15-a.m.  McNees said a Mahle employee had gone inside to work. Another employee apparently noticed the fire and called 911. The fire began in the engine compartment, near the battery, according to McNees. The car was a total loss. No injuries were reported. Firefighters remained on the scene for about 45-minutes.