Grands! Tuna Melts (3-18-14)
March 18th, 2014 by Jim Field
- 2 (6 oz.) cans water packed tuna, well drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 lb, 1.3 oz.) can Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream, if desired
- chopped tomato, if desired
- shredded lettuce, if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. In medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 4 biscuits on greased cookie sheet. Press or roll each to form 5 inch round. Spoon tuna mixture in center of biscuits. Top each with cheese. Press or roll remaining 4 biscuits to form 5 inch rounds. Place over filling. Press edges to seal.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each sandwich in half. Top each with sour cream, tomato and lettuce. Makes eight sandwiches.
(Michele Converse Baerns, Knoxville, TN)