Crab Quiche (3-4-14)
March 4th, 2014 by Jim Field
Before combining canned crab with other ingredients, first pick through the drained crab with your fingers to remove any pieces of cartilage.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) crab meat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
In a bowl, beat eggs; add mayonnaise, flour and milk. Stir in crab, onions, parsley and cheese. Spoon into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
(Michele Field, Burtonsville, Maryland)