Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts (6-25-13)
June 25th, 2013 by Jim Field
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (or Panko)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine
Place the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.
In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over medium heat for five to six minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees.