Provolone and Arugula – Stuffed Flank Steak (5-28-13)
May 27th, 2013 by Stacie Linfor
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 – 5oz pkg baby arugula/spinach
- 1/4 lb. very thinly sliced deli provolone
- kosher salt & peper
- 3 Tbsp balsaic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Butterfly the steak: Cut it in half horizontally (don’t cut all the way through) and open it like a book.
2. Rub the garlic over the inside of the steak. Scatter 1 heaping cup of arugula/spinach over the steak, then lay the cheese on top. Roll up the steak and tie with kitchen twine. Season with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepperl.
3. Grill the steak, covered, turning occasionally and brushing with the vinegar, 15-18 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for atleast 5 minutes before slicing.
4. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and onion with the lemon juice, oil and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Toss with remaining arugula/spinach; serve with the steak.
Stuff, roll and tie the meat. Brush with 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (for extra flavor), wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.