Farmers Market Vouchers for Seniors 2013
May 29th, 2013 by Ric Hanson
Southwest 8 Senior Services has announced that the state of Iowa is continuing the Farmers Market voucher program for senior citizens. With this program, seniors meeting income requirements can obtain vouchers that they can use at participating area Farmers Markets to buy $30.00 worth of fresh, locally grown produce. If you have questions about eligibility, please check with your local senior center.
Applications for the vouchers will be available at your local senior center on 5/31/13. Your completed application guarantees you a booklet, but there is a limited number, so contact your local senior center if you are interested in this program. Once you have a completed application, you can return to your local Senior Centeron 6/6/13 or after to pick up your vouchers.
Council Bluffs residents can pick up an application for the vouchers starting on 5/31/13 at The Center, located at 714 S. Main Street.The distribution date for Council Bluffs vouchers will be once again held at The Center on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 from 9am – noon. Again, your completed application guarantees you a booklet, so you may come at any time on June 11th to the Center to present your completed application and obtain your vouchers.
Seniors (age 60 and older) in all other communities in Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie and Shelby Counties will receive their vouchers through their local senior center.
- Must be at least 60 years of age or older
- Annual income must be less than
- Only one original application allowed per individual. No photocopies or duplicate applications allowed
Dates to Remember:
- May 31, 2013: Applications will be available at all local Senior Centers and in Council Bluffs at The Center, 714 S. Main
- June 6, 2013: Vouchers will be available for seniors with completed application forms at all local Senior Centers outside of Council Bluffs
- June 11, 2013: Council Bluffs Farmers’ Market voucher distribution at The Center, 714 S. Main from 9am – Noon for seniors with a completed application.