Brownie-Walnut Pie (4-23-13)
April 23rd, 2013 by Jim Field
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 – 9 inch unbaked pastry shell (can use refrigerated pie crust dough)
- Coffee or vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For filling, in a heavy small saucepan, stir the butter and chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool for 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture and the walnuts. Pour filling into pastry shell.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for one hour. Serve each slice warm with ice cream and drizzled with caramel topping. Makes 10 to 12 servings.