Griswold house fire

News

March 13th, 2013 by Ric Hanson

No injuries were reported following a house fire in Griswold Wednesday evening.

Photo courtesy Mike Kennon, Cass County Emergency Management Coordinator

According to Cass County Emergency Management Coordinator Mike Kennon, the fire at 201 Harrison Street was reported at around 5:35-p.m. Griswold Fire Chief Jim Wyman told KJAN News  the damage was primarily contained to the second story bedroom in the 100-year old home, owned by Ryan and Sarah Askeland, the owner’s of Dusty’s Place in Griswold. The family was not home when the fire started.

Wyman said the fire is believed to be related to an electrical problem, but he could not pin-down an exact cause. Damage to the home was said to be minimal.