Iowan faces US charges in Nebraska bank robbery
October 22nd, 2012 by Ric Hanson
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (AP) – An Iowa man will face federal charges in a bank robbery, now that Nebraska is dropping its case. The Sioux City Journal says 67-year-old Max Lafferty, of Sioux City, Iowa, was indicted last week in U.S. District Court in Omaha. Dakota County Attorney Kim Watson filed a motion Friday to dismiss the Nebraska case against Lafferty.
Lafferty is accused of robbing a Bank of the West branch in South Sioux City on Sept. 11. Police say he flashed a steak knife when he demanded cash from a bank worker and left the building with about $1,500. He was arrested about a block away. A Dakota County jailer said Monday that Lafferty has been turned over to federal marshals.