Early Voting in Iowa Begins Today
September 27th, 2012 by admin
Today is the 40th day before election day, and the first day that absentee ballots may be voted in a county auditor’s office. Any Iowa voter may request an absentee ballot if they expect they cannot go to the polls on election day. Voting an absentee ballot may be done in different ways:
- Voters may vote in-person in their county auditor’s office during the regular business hours. The last day that a voter can vote an absentee ballot at the county auditor’s office is Monday, November 5th. In Cass County, the auditors office is located at Cass County Courthouse 5 West 7th Street Atlantic, IA 50022. Regular business hours are from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. The phone number is 712-243-4570
- Voters may request an absentee ballot be mailed. The last day to request an absentee ballot by mail is Friday, November 2nd at 5 PM. If you request a ballot by mail, it must be returned to the county auditor’s office by the following deadlines:
- In-person delivery – Tuesday, November 6th by 9:00 PM
- Mail delivery – postmarked no later than Monday, November 5th and received no later than 12:00 PM on Tuesday, November 13th. Postmarks are not guaranteed. Please mail your ballot early to make sure it is received on time.
- Satellite voting stations may be offered. Check with your local county auditor’s office to see if satellite voting is available.
A voter who chooses to vote an absentee ballot by one of these methods will be asked to fill out an official Iowa absentee ballot request form.
Persons soliciting absentee ballot request forms while acting as an agent for a political party or candidate must offer a receipt to the voter for the completed request form.
Track your absentee ballot at https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/absenteeballotstatus/search.aspx.