Iowa students hospitalized after experiment
April 17th, 2012 by Ric Hanson
STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) — Five students at Buena Vista University in Storm Lake are hospitalized after officials say they ingested caffeine during a science experiment. University spokeswoman Jennifer Felton told KTIV-TV in Sioux City that the students were hospitalized late Monday and will remain in the hospital until Wednesday. No details of the experiment were immediately released. Felton says in a statement that the students’ instructor has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of an investigation. The instructor’s name wasn’t released. Felton says all research involving physical activity or changes in the human subjects have been suspended until further notice.