Fireworks caused Council Bluffs house explosion

News

April 13th, 2012 by Ric Hanson

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) – Council Bluff officials say fireworks are to the blame for a house explosion that injured a man. Fire Chief Alan Byers says 38-year-old James Aherns was making fireworks when the blast happened Thursday night. The house then caught fire.             Neighbors reported seeing a burned man run down the street with his clothes torn off, seeking help.  Aherns was taken to an Omaha hospital in critical condition. Another person in the house wasn’t hurt.