Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie (4-17-12)
April 17th, 2012 by Jim Field
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- additional whipped cream
1. Spread ice cream into the crust, freeze for two hours or until firm.
2. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for two hours or until firm. (May be frozen for up to two months)
3. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes plus freezing.