Western IA man electrocuted in tree trimming accident
March 6th, 2012 by Ric Hanson
SAC CITY, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a man was electrocuted in a tree trimming accident in Sac County. The sheriff’s office says 63-year-old Edward Peters, of Lake View, died on Monday while working near Nemaha. Sheriff Ken McClure says Peters, who owned Peters Painting and Tree Trimming, was leaning on a boom truck, while a worker in a bucket on the truck was cutting branches. McClure says the 50-foot boom touched an overhead power line. Electricity traveled through the truck and Peters, who died at a hospital in Sac City. An autopsy is pending.