Cass County 4-H Pancake Supper a Great Success
March 14th, 2012 by Jim Field
More than 350 people were served at the 4-H Endowment Pancake Supper, held Tuesday, March 13. The Endowment Committee wishes to thank all of the community members who came out to support this fundraiser which raised more than $2300. “The current program development fee for each member is 30 dollars and we have more than 250 members so that takes a lot of pancake eating and support from the community,” shared Susan Oliver, Cass County Youth Coordinator.
Proceeds from the 4-H Pancake Supper will directly benefit the Cass County 4-H Program. This money defrays the cost of the Program Development Fee each year, provides scholarships to send Cass County 4-H’ers to camps and conferences, start up dollars for new programs such as Clover Kids, as well as 4-H program materials and awards. “With support from the community, the opportunities we can provide are limitless,” says Oliver.
The Cass County 4-H Endowment was established in 2002 as an opportunity for the community to invest in the positive youth development program. The 4-H Endowment’s sole purpose is to receive and solicit gifts, contributions and bequests on behalf of Cass County 4-H. The Endowment Committee will accept contributions anytime during the year.
There are a variety of ways community members can contribute to the 4-H Endowment:
* 4-H 400/1000 – A yearly pledge program of $40 to $100 per year for 10 years
* Memorials – Gifts in memory of family members or friends
* Tributes – Gifts to honor someone or a special occasion
* Gifts in Kind – Products of services given to support Cass County 4-H.
* Life Insurance – Name the 4-H Endowment Fund as a beneficiary and deduct premium costs
* Securities or Real Estate
* Charitable Gift Annuity – Transfers assets to the endowment and allows giver to receive continuing income from the assets through his/her lifetime
Anyone wishing to contribute to the Cass County 4-H Endowment may contact Susan M. Oliver, County Extension Youth Coordinator at the Cass County Extension Office at 243-1132. Contributions can be made out to “Cass County 4-H Endowment” and may be sent to the Cass County Extension Office, 805 West 10th Street, Atlantic, IA 50022.