Awards handed out at annual Atlantic Chamber Banquet
January 22nd, 2012 by Ric Hanson
Numerous awards were handed-out to deserving groups and individuals during Saturday night’s Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet and awards program held at the Cass County Community Center. Included among them:
- Ambassador of the Year – Bill Saluk, from Meredith Communications
- Outstanding Chamber Volunteer – Lori Reid, with Airworks (Atlantic Airport)
- Outstanding Committee Member – Dr. Keith Leonard/Atlantic Animal Health Center
- Business Betterment – Boulder’s Inn and Suites/local investors
- Community Service Award – The Atlantic High School Trojan Football team
- Community Betterment Award – the local Trees Forever organization
- Community Impact Award – Jay Miller/Brymon’s Home Furnishings, for his work in getting a $65-million dollar grant to bring the Sieman’s/Industrial Technology Program to Iowa Western Community College
- The Athena Award (Sponsored by Deter Motor Co.) – which went to Wendy Richter, for her work with the Family Crisis Support Network
- and, the Distinguished Service Award, which was presented to Steve Livengood, for his service to our veterans and their families, along with his work with ARISE (The Atlantic Rock Island Society Enterprise). Livengood is a 24-year veteran of the U-S Army, and and member of the Atlantic City Council.
The Chamber also welcomed its new President for 2012, Debbie Liestad, who takes over the reigns from past President Brian Church, and honored its new board members, including: Steve Andersen (Southwest Iowa Transit); Jeff Jundquist (Atlantic News Telegraph); Becky Mosier (KJAN), and Bill Saluk, along with some returning board members for 2012-through 2014.
The evening’s meal was provided by Atlantic Hy-Vee catering.