Six persons arrested in Harlan on underage drinking & drug charges
December 5th, 2011 by Ric Hanson
The Harlan Police Department reports today (Monday), that six people were arrested November 26th on drug and/or alcohol charges. The arrests took place after officers received an anonymous tip about a situation involving drug activity and underage drinking. Taken into custody was:
- 20-year old Joseph Lutz, who was charged with Possession of Alcohol under Legal Age, two-counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance, gathering where controlled substance is unlawfully used, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, prohibited acts, and unlawful possession of prescription medication.
- 21-year old William Brady, who was charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Supplying Alcohol to person under legal age, prohibited acts, gathering where controlled substances are unlawfully used, and Possession of a Controlled Substance.
- 18-year old Travis Erwin was faces charges of Possession of Alcohol under the legal age, Possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and prohibited acts.
- 20-year old Alisha Buttry, who was charged with Possession of Alcohol under legal age, Possession of a Controlled Substance, and gathering where controlled substances are unlawfully used.
- 14-year old Christopher Buttry, was charged with Minor in Possession of Alcohol, and gathering where controlled substance are illegally used.
- And, 17-year old Lacey Bird was charged with Minor in Possession of Alcohol, and gathering where controlled substances are unlawfully used.
All six of the individuals were from Harlan. Lutz, Brady, Erwin and Alisha Buttry were transported to the Shelby County Jail. Christopher Buttry and Lacey Bird were cited for the offenses and released to the custody of their parents.