Embers Restaurant damaged in Thu. morning fire…but still open

News

December 9th, 2011 by Ric Hanson

A fire late Thursday morning at the Ember’s Restaurant in Avoca caused about $4,500 damage, but no one was injured, and the restaurant remains open for business. Will Rose, with the Avoca Fire Department, says an electrical wire contacted a heat duct in the attic, which then caught fire. The call came in around 11:30-am.  Crews from the Avoca and Walnut Fire Departments were on scene until about 2:10-p.m 

Rose told our sister station KNOD in Harlan, that Avoca Rescue was also called out around 2-am this (Friday) morning for a semi tractor-trailer rollover accident on Interstate 80, at about the 38-mile marker.  Rose said driver of the rig was taken to Myrtue Memorial Hospital in Harlan, but no other details are currently available.