Toffee Triangles (11-22-11)
November 22nd, 2011 by Jim Field
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix (see other recipe for today)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
1. In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and mix well.
2. Spread into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for five minutes. Spread chocolate over bars. Sprinkle with nuts. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into squares, then cut in half to for triangles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.