$20,900 in grants received by Cass County Non-Profit Agencies
November 17th, 2011 by Ric Hanson
The Cass County Community Foundation (CCCF) today (Thursday) announced $20, 900 in grants were awarded Monday to various nonprofit agencies within the County. CCCF Chair Nicholas Hunt said with these most recent grants included, the CCCF has distributed $713, 875 over the past 11-years to qualifying groups and organizations. The most recent grant package includes $1,000 from the Lawrence E. and Mary J. Turner Endowed Fund, to the Friends of the Atlantic Animal Shelter, and $1,000 from the Griswold Community Development Endowment Fund to the Cass County Historical Society, and $500 from the Triumph Endowed Fund for Cass County, to the City of Marne.
The following organizations received grant monies from the Cass County Community Foundation this week:
- The Anita Foundation: $2,000 to install a keypad entry system and surveillance cameras.
- Atlantic Coca-Cola Center and Museum: $2,500 to repair the museum roof.
- Atlantic Park and Recreation Dept.: $2,400 to replace equipment at the Sunnyside Public Pool.
- Cass County Conservation Board: $1,000 to purchase a projector & digital camera for the Environmental Education Dept.
- Cass County Historical Society: $2,000 to repair & paint trim on the Museum.
- Lewis Public Library: $2,000 for new carpeting.
- City of Marne: $2,000 to finish construction of the City Park shelter.
- City of Massena: $500 to Support health & fitness programs for CAM Middle School students.
- Friends of the Atlantic Animal Shelter: $2,000 to repair damaged equipment & make building repairs.
- Lewis Town & Country Boosters: $1,500 to replace the existing floor covering in the Lewis Community Center.
- Southwest IA Mental Health Center: $1,000 to purchase an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Zion Lutheran Church: $2,000 for the Little Lambs Preschool Outdoor classroom/science center & lockers.
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions, in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education and social services. Only Organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible. For more information about donating or establishing an individual foundation or fund, contact any CCCF Board member, or Dennis Nissen at 1-800-794-3458.